- My friends. I have great friends. Never has that been more clear then in painful times. It's amazing how many people have offered me their support or given a kind word. I've really appreciated all the offers of a spare room or kind ear. It really means a lot to me. Even people I don't know have offered their support on this blog. Which brings me to my second point:
- Strangers doing random kind things. I think it takes a lot to do or say something nice to someone you don't know. I don't see this or do this as often as I'd like, but I do see it and do it from time to time. I truly think that if everyone did one kind thing for someone else every day the world would be a lot better. Everyone should try to make this their goal. Starting now.
- My parents. My parents are the best parents in the world. They've always been supportive, even when I wanted to major in theatre. "Whatever you want to do", they said. "Even if it's stupid". I'm kidding, they didn't say that last part. They probably thought it though. All through my childhood I have never doubted their love and support and I think I'm very lucky to be able to say that.
- My brother. My brother is four years younger than me but somehow over the years he has taken on the role of an older sibling. He's married with two kids and seems to always know a bit more about things than I do and is always willing to talk things through and give advice. We didn't get along at all when we were kids, mostly because I was a horrible sister, but we're good friends now and I can tell he really cares about what happens to me, as I do with him.
- Great colleagues. I work with some awesome people. Most of them are my friends too which makes work a bit more bearable. Today my staff pitched together and got me a Starbucks gift certificate which was really nice and completely unexpected. AND a cookie. I forgot about the cookie.
So there. I can actually carry out my day without being annoyed.