Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Conversations with my dad.

Dad: How's your plumbing?

Me: Not good. The guy who is going to dig up my yard is coming today to take a look and give me a quote and then the guy from the city is coming in tomorrow to give me a second opinion on the status of my pipes.

Dad: What's the guy today going to do?

Me: Give me a quote on digging up my yard.

Dad: And the guy from the city?

Me: He's coming tomorrow to give me a second opinion on my pipes.

Dad: So the guy today is from the city.

Me: No. He's from the company who is going to dig up my yard.

Dad: So what's he going to tell you?

Me: How much it's going to cost to dig up my yard.

Dad: And if your pipes are clogged or broken?

Me: No, that's the guy from the city who is coming tomorrow.

Dad: And what's the guy from the city going to tell you?

Me:.....if my pipes are clogged or broken.....

Dad: And the guy today?

Me:....he's giving me a quote on digging up my yard....

Dad: Ok, just so I'm clear, the guy today is coming to give you a quote on your yard?

Me: Yes.

Dad: And the guy tomorrow is from the city and he's going to tell you if your pipes are clogged or broken.

Me: Yes.

Dad: Ok.

Me: Ok?

Dad: Yeah, I get it.

Me: Oh, thank God.

P.S. The guy from the city(who was checking my pipes)said that they weren't in as bad of shape as I was previously told so, yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your parent stories!! Heck I love you parents!!!