Thursday, May 1, 2008

Moving on

Today I give up the keys to my old house. I've had to wait a month to do this and, while it's good to finally not have to worry about it, at the same time I'm a bit sad to let it go.

Last night I went over and gave it a final clean and after I was finished I stood in the living room and said goodbye. Goodbye to the first house I owned. Goodbye to the projects my newly married husband and I planned to do. Goodbye to the projects that never actually got done. Goodbye to the marriage that never really worked.

I'm over it now but it was bit sad at the time. The best part of the night was that my dog, who is now fully house trained, decided to take a crap right in the middle of the living room floor. And, not only did he take a crap, but he also ran around the room with a piece of the crap hanging from his ass as he desperately tried to shake it off. And then, after I had cleaned the crap up, he decided that actually he wasn't quite finished and crapped some more.

It was a grand finale to an emotional evening.

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

Just found your blog while browsing...awww, maybe your dog was expressing some emotional turmoil as well. Give him a biscuit.

notquiteawake said...

You know Kathy, you might be right. I WILL give him a biscuit!