Friday, April 25, 2008

A night at the gym

Someone running beside me really smelled. Really a lot. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess it was the women in the long sleeved pink silk shirt and striped jeans. I'm not sure if silk and denim are the most breathable materials. She was very hydrated though. Every 30 seconds she'd stop running and take a sip out of her giant water bottle....and then from her juice box. She continued her routine the whole time I was at the gym but every 10 minutes or so she'd abruptly stop and jump onto another treadmill. It was odd but entertaining.
______________________________
Picture me eating supper on the couch, my plate of food resting on my lap. Now picture me phoning my friend to check and see if she was ok after a tough day at work. Got that? Ok. Now, picture this same scene after my dog has jumped up to sit with me on the couch. Except he's not sitting on the couch. He's sitting on my plate. My plate of food. Knee deep in mushroom salad and salmon.
He was swiftly removed. And I ate the food anyways. I was hungry and it was really good food. I really like to eat. Nothing can ruin my meal. Not even paw prints.
_____________________________
My dog just swallowed an entire raw hide strip whole. It's going to be a fun night.

2 comments:

LynnieC said...

Have I told you lately that you're awesome? Thanks for knowing that I'm the type that thinks about things too much and that I need people to tell me to get over it. I'm fine now. Except I'm going to think about it all weekend and then be really awkward for weeks, possibly months.
Being my friend must be fun.

notquiteawake said...

You are I are more alike than you know. With age, you just learn to hide things.
Being your friend is fun!