- I'm not dead, so that's good. To some
- He was very nice and quite attractive.
- He bought me coffee.
- He owns a condo in downtown Toronto so that leads me to believe he's pretty well off. That, and the fact that he told me a number of times.
- The building he lives in is a freaking palace. It's so nice! It looks like a hotel, with a waterfall in the lobby, a huge two floor gym with a BASKETBALL COURT, and a rooftop terrace with a whirl pool. Ha. First I wrote whirl poop. That's funny. I'm a seven year old boy.
- His actual condo is very small though. Smaller than my place even. So, basically, I win that round buddy.
- He's smart and interesting and somewhat funny so it was pretty easy to carry on a conversation.
- He seemed to be interested in what I had to say so that's good.
That's about it really. He seems very good on paper no? I just didn't feel that initial connection and I HAVE felt that with other guys so I know it's a real thing and not just a romantic fantasy I dreamed up like I tend to do. Is it DREAMED or DREAMT? I always thought it was I DREAMT but I think it might be I DREAMED and I HAVE DREAMT like, in the present perfect.
I'm pretty sure he didn't feel a connection either which is actually sort of relieving. This whole thing still feels really unnatural to me. Meeting up when both of you know that you're only meeting up for one reason, and that reason is to see if you are the other person's "match", is something that I'm not sure I'll ever be completely comfortable with. But I'm not going to throw in the towel quite yet.
I guess I'm still a bit old fashioned or maybe even a bit naive when it comes to my idea of meeting someone who I want to date. In my mind, we would start out as friends and there would be this connection. Not necessarily a romantic connection, but a connection none the less. And that connection would grow into something that both of us know is there but no one wants to say anything for fear of ruining the friendship but then one of us does say something, probably me, and BAM! it happens and we're together and it's awesome.
That could happen right?