Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Updates galore!

I know there are those of you who are anxiously waiting on the edge of your proverbial seat for me to update you on my exciting life so, mom, this is for you.  Just kidding.  My mom doesn't even read my blog.

I'm all moved in to my new place!  It's a great little place with the brightest, ugliest curtains you have ever seen in your life, both on the patio doors, and on the one other window in the place which is beside the patio doors.  As soon as I can afford replacements, they will be gone.  Other than that, I love it.  It's small and cozy and I can cook my own dinner and put my books out and look at them and marvel at the fact that I have so many books so that must mean I am really smart.  When I moved in my landlord was showing me around the place.  First he pointed out the carbon monoxide detector, then, the smoke detector, which is located in a drawer in the kitchen.  I guess they liked to cook and it would keep going off, he said.  Well, clearly, the drawer is the next logical place for it.  I'm sure it was very effective.  Of course it's still there because I'm too busy(lazy) to do anything about it.  My place is so small though, if a fire started I would probably know.  Plus, I'm really set if the drawer suddenly starts on fire.  It could happen.

**  **  **

I read the paper for the first time in quite a while.  I was really behind.  Apparently we're in a "recession" or something?  From what I understand it's because of inflated housing prices in the States.  What I want to know is, when is George Bush going to get off his ass and do something about it?!  He's still the president right?  Asshole.

** ** **

Some guy on eharmony called me "cutie" while answering one of my predetermined questions and I immediately closed the match.  I actually physically cringed.  Cutie is something that I never again want to be called.  Especially by someone I don't know.  And also by someone I do.  My ex-husband used to call me "princess" which, more than anything, clearly shows that we shouldn't have gotten married.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not someone who should be called things like "princess" or, you know, "classy" or "a lady".  

**  **  **

Speaking of eharmony, I've finally started talking to someone who I would actually consider going on a date with.  We made it through the whole question and answer rigamorole and he only wrote LOL once so I thought I'd give him a chance.  We have a lot in common and he was the only guy who answered my "Do you consider yourself ambitious" question with a "Hell yeah!".  Actually, "hell yeah" wasn't an option but, really, it should be.  It's funny how ambition is considered by most to be a negative thing.  Ambition is a huge turn on for me.  A guy who knows what he wants and goes and gets it?  Awesome.  And seemingly rare.  This might sound slightly lameish but, I would like nothing more than to be pursued by a guy that I like.  In all the relationships I have ever been in, I have always been the one who made the first move.  Always the pursuer, never the persuee.  I would really like to be on the other side for once.  You know, have some guy actually take a risk and see what happens rather then just wait and play it safe.  You never get anywhere in life by playing it safe.   I know.  I had seven chicken wings last night after softball.  I could have EASILY had a heart attack.  So, anyways, we're meeting up for coffee probably on the weekend.  He doesn't want to waste time emailing back and forth forever and then find out we're not compatible and I completely agree.  Why waste time on someone who is not your ideal animal match?  Exactly.  (I picked bird and tiger by the way.)

Also, I think I might be being fixed up on Saturday.  My friend and ex-roomie keeps telling me about how her husband has a friend who is so awesome and we would be great together and how they should have a BBQ sometime and then we could meet and fall in love forever.  Except I added the last part.  Then she invited me to a BBQ and has reminded me about 15 times.  He's French Canadian which means hot accent so I'm ok with that.  I'm just going to spend the night asking him to say different words over and over again and then be like OH MY GOD THAT IS SO CUTE HOW YOU SAY THAT!!! YOU'RE SO CUTE!!!

He's totally going to love me. 


4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

It's about damn time. Your mom keeps asking me about you. Kidding. She doesn't care.

Word to the wise: if he's at all nice, go out more than once. It took me 4 dates to realize I "liked" Wade.

Amalia said...

Yeah, I'm with May-B. It took me at least three to four dates to convince Trevor that he liked me.

notquiteawake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
notquiteawake said...

I don't know if I have enough patience for four dates. I honestly don't even know if I have enough patience for one date. I would say two dates max. If there's not anything there then I don't know if I can force myself to go on another one. Good advice though.
On another note, I now have a coffee date with the dude who is into animals. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear a costume. Suggestions?
P.S. The suggestions have to be animal costumes. Obviously.