Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stuff

Yesterday marked the 7 month point of my still brand new marriage. What do you get for 7 months? You must get some sort of gift. 7 months is a long time in marriage world. Seriously. We got a new washer and dryer on Monday so I guess the 7 month anniversary gift is appliances. The dog celebrated by eating all of our bamboo coasters, followed by an hour of running up and down the basement stairs and running full force into the kitchen door. You may think that running into the door was an accident and that after he did it once he would stop doing it. You would be wrong.

I know some of my co-workers read this blog so I just wanted to state for the record that I'm writing this on my break.

Speaking of work, our building is located in the "hood", or "ghetto" if you will, of the small city in which I live. It's in such a bad area that even the beggars stay away. The building was a steal of a deal though. Now, I'm not a business major or anything but doesn't the fact that every weekend for a month our windows have been broken and the "shatter proof" glass in our door has been twice replaced cancel out the great deal we got on the building? Was that not the longest sentence you've ever read? The answer to both questions is yes.

I started this new thing where I'm trying not to say bad things about people. I started out thinking that my goal would be to try and go a week without gossiping and then, after I've accomplished that, try for two weeks, then a month etc. I then realized that I'm really not very good at this game and my new, more realistic goal was to try and stop for a day. My current goal is an hour. I'll let you know how that turns out.

No comments: