Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's that time again

It's that time again people. It's the time when I apologize for not posting for a long time and then say it's because I've been super busy. It's true. I have been. Plus I was really sick with a chest infection and the only thing I ever wanted to do was sleep or at least lie down. I'm still a bit sick now but I can at least function. And boy have I been functioning. Each time I complain about work being busy I don't think it could get any busier and then it does. I've been working 10-11 hour days without breaks and I haven't even made a dent. Of course, I'm writing this at work but I deserve a break dammit!

Because I am always here, and if not here then playing on one of my two ball teams and if not playing ball then doing one of the many things I stupidly volunteer for, my house is a mess and my yard looks like a jungle. And not in a good way with monkeys and people singing and playing bongo drums. I have often wished that an extra day could be added on to the week somehow. I wonder who I would talk to about that?

And we sold our dog. It was a bitter sweet time for both my husband and I. I don't really miss the little bugger but I sure do feel bad for letting him go. It wasn't his fault he was the size of a small pony. He meant well. We just couldn't handle him. I tried to justify our giving him up by saying that we would find a farm and he would be much happier there. But we couldn't find a farm. We couldn't find anyone. Only one lady responded so that's where he went. She wanted a guard dog who could stay outside, which is where he belongs, but I'm not sure if it was the best choice for him. She has a nine year old boy though which I think is a good thing. I still feel guilty and sad. I feel like I let the poor dog down and I keep thinking that he's sitting there wondering why we aren't coming to pick him up. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he's happy.

Now I'm sad. Stupid dog.

1 comment:

tee said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Trust me, you did the best thing for your dog, it wouldn't be good for you or for him to keep him and then resent him, he'll be loved at his new home I'm sure.