Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic-tastic

I am not loving the Olympics. In fact, I'm not even liking them. I don't watch them. I don't participate in conversations about them. I really could care less about who is winning medals or what some dude eats for breakfast that makes him the fastest swimmer of all time. I don't think it's that I'm unpatriotic. I do enjoy sports. I just really don't care.

Last night I went to my parents house for supper and we were watching women's diving. "Oh, that's a good one", my mom would say. How do you know if that's a good one? They all look exactly the same. EXACTLY the same.

What impressed me was the size of these women's legs. Holy shit. They could seriously win a leg wrestling match with anyone of their choosing, man or woman.

Now, THAT I would watch.

Has anyone noticed that the censorship and the like that has been happening with this particular Olympic Adventure is very similar to the things that were happening during the rule of the tyrannical Communist leader Mao Zedong? No? Just me? Ok. Fair enough.

2 comments:

Amalia said...

You don't like the Olympics? Well, I think you're a nice girl but we can no longer be friends.* Hope you understand.

*just 'til after the Olympics

Wanderer said...

I'm totally with you. I feel bad for the athletes but China should never have been given the Olympics and when it was clear they weren't going to live up to their human rights promises (in fact made them worse for many) then they should have been stripped. The IOC is just as culpable in this and I have lost all respect for the organization. I refuse to watch and take my own little stand - even if it doesn't mean diddly in the end.
And now I'm off my soapbox for the day.