Today is my dog's 1st birthday and, while I'm sure he doesn't follow my blog, I thought I'd write a nice little post about all the things I love about him. What, you say?! You actually like things about your dog?! Well, yes. Despite the fact that I constantly complain about him, I do actually love the little guy. Here's why:
- I love pulling up in front of the house at lunch or after work and seeing him at the window patiently waiting for me on the coffee table.
- I love walking in the door to find him pleasantly surprised that it's me every single time. OHMYGODICAN'TBELIEVEYOU'REHEREI'MSOEXCITEDRUBMYTUMMY NOSCRATCHMYEARSNORUBMYTUMMYISITTIMEFORATREATNOW!!!??Never has anyone been happier to see me. Never.
- I love when, at 3am he decides that it's time to get up, if I let him on my bed he cuddles up and hunkers down until I'm ready to face the world.
- I love that he loves me unconditionally and always wants to be around me. Even when I'm a bitch. Which happens often.
- I love that he gets so excited when I feed him he almost does back flips.
- I love when he comes in from outside and his entire face is covered in snow.
- I love how he tries to be tough but is actually scared of everything. Seriously, everything.
- I love when he finds a bug or a piece of a leaf and tosses it up in the air and plays with it like it's the best toy in the whole world.
- I love how fast he learns tricks and how eager he is to do them.
- And most of all, I love that he is there. I always have someone to come home to. And even if that means I am also sometimes coming home to a pile of crap or a chewed up Christmas ornament, it's better than coming home to an empty house. It makes being alone a bit less lonely.
And there you have it. Sometimes I like things.