Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Year in Review!

You know how a lot of people are now posting a yearly review of their best and favorite posts and they have it all organized and researched so you can just click on the links and re-read or read for the first time all of their greatness? Yeah, I'm not doing that. It's a lot of work what with all the searching and reading and thinking and linking and I'm pretty lazy. So, instead, I'm just going to write my own year in review in bullet form. If you feel you need more information on a certain point or can't remember the fascinating event that I'm talking about, there's a handy link option on the right hand side of my blog that allows you to read past posts all the way back to the beginning of my blog! Go crazy.

The year 2009 started out with me newly divorced, and planning on starting an exciting new life in Ontario. Here's a very condensed version of how the year went down:
  • I'm so excited to move!
  • I'm going to start internet dating!
  • Internet dating is lame and full of creeps.
  • I'm so happy with my new life in Ontario.  It's packed full of sunshine and rainbows.  I am so happy and sickeningly positive all the time.
  • Living with my brother is so awesome!
  • Personal training is my new dream job!
  • Help me find someplace to live!  I've been given the boot.
  • Thanks to an awesome co-worker and now friend, I am no longer homeless.
  • My back hurts.
  • I'm really poor but things will get better.
  • I found a new place to live and I love it!
  • The neighbors upstairs are super noisy.
  • I'm 33 years old and living in a basement.
  • Still poor.
  • And also lonely.
  • Even though I've made some good friends.
  • But what happened to the sunshine and rainbows?
  • I'm going to try internet dating!
  • What the fuck is wrong with me?  Why would I do that again.  Fail.
  • I have the spine of a 53 year old and will probably be wheelchair bound in a couple of years.
  • Oh no wait, that's a load of bullshit to make me buy a crap load of chiropractic sessions. 
  • My back still hurts though.
  • Wait a minute.  The spiel the chiropractor fed me is strikingly similar to the one I've been told to tell potential personal training clients.  Hm.
  • Maybe I should get a different job that doesn't require me to do things I don't ethically agree with.
  • And also doesn't turn me into a cripple.
  • And also allows me to pay rent and buy food without having to borrow money from my parents.
  • I'm going to try to get a job in film again!
  • No jobs in film.
  • Missed Halloween and my birthday because I got H1N1.
  • And then pneumonia.
  • But at least I got out of my crap ass lease after taking my landlord to court.
  • And also found a new great apartment that is adult size.
  • Got a job!  Thanks to my little brother.
  • Am actually looking forward to working in a call center even though it's the absolute last place I thought I'd ever be working second to McDonalds.
  • I'm going to try internet dating!
  • Just kidding.
The end.

I predict 2010 is going to be the year I become addicted to pain killers because I can finally afford them. It's going to be quite a ride my friends. Quite a ride.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Fun! 2009 sure was turbulent, I felt it. Stupid 2009. Or is that just what life is like after you turn 30... crap.

LynnieC said...

Best year in review ever.

Here's mine. Just for you.

- went to school
- didn't sleep much
- procrastinated
- learned to knit and crochet
- joined mall-walking group
- gained 30 lbs (that was spread out though)
- and done.

Here's hoping for 2010!

notquiteawake said...

30 is the new 20 dude! If when you're 20 your body starts falling apart.

Lyn, I think you might be 80. You and my hips would get along really well.